Powered by Blogger.

Lion in the cinema


One of the groups I am a member of on Flickr is called "Vixen UK", set up by a fellow artist from the days of the "Freddie and the Fairy" as part of her own freelance business. She posted up someone's poem as an idea for a picture book: "The Lion in the Cinema". Even though I haven't got the time to fully illustrate it, I did have a go at a few sketch ideas.
    The Lion in the Cinema - pencilled - 01 The Lion in the Cinema - pencilled - 02 The Lion in the Cinema - pencilled - 03 

Well, I've finally finished the "Nan and Granddad's Seaside" cartoon originally intended for my Mum and Dad's 70th birthday! Hmmm...at least it's in time for Christmas!

Here's the final image:
A Pensioner's Guide
 Well, I've managed to finish the remaining illustrations. Here are the images for the front and inside of the young woman Gift Wallet Card:

Gift Wallet Card cover (click to see full-size):
Young Woman - Pose 01

Gift Wallet Card inside flap (click to see full-size):
Young Woman - Pose 02

And here's a line-up of the finished products. I ended up printing on 150gsm Photo Card, to give the cards a more professional look and to make sure they were sturdy enough to stand up.